POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : comments on voting : Games : Re: comments on voting : Games Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:54:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: comments on voting : Games
From: sulfugor
Date: 14 Nov 1998 06:28:58
Message: <1103_911044180@sulfugor>
Congrats to PoolShark!!!  That was an amazing selection
of entries, I thought, but I also had PoolShark as #1....
Anyone who hasn't downloaded this one should do so -- it had
all the elements (except sound :)) of a quality animation.

But some negative comments about voters:

* In the comments, one voter note he was unable to vote
  on some images since ActiveMovie doesn't display images
  sized in nonintegral multiples of 16x16 pixels.  If
  he was unable to view the images because he has only
  obsolete software and can't be bothered to find better
  software (like one of Microsoft's other free viewers),
  he shouldn't vote at all -- voters have the responsibility
  to view all accepted entries.  To submit arbitary scores
  is just unacceptable.

* I really hate to "name names", but r### [at] kol44kauhajokifi 's
  comments were just plain out of line.  I don't know who
this
  "individual" is, but (s)he clearly has a major attitude
problem.
  I strongly recommend all entrants from this round ignore
  anything (s)he wrote, as he had basically nothing good to
say
  about anything.

========================

Personally, i found some of his comments funny :) But ok, they were bordering on bad
taste, BUT, at least he was
expressing honest feelings, i think.
But, with regards to you, Dan, i noticed that for every animation, no matter how bad
and awful, you thought it was "great", to
paraphrase you. I thnk that if one can give advice on how to improve an animation, one
should give it instead of applauding whatever
the person comes up with. Sure, i can respect the fact that they put a lot of work in
the animation, but it it sucks, it sucks !
I, for one, would rather be told that my animation sucks, and why it sucks, and what
areas to improve  rather than have a shower of
applause for whatever primitive , boring stuff i'd probably come up with at the
beginning.
maybe you did like them all tremendously . But i bet not everyone feels like that.

Don't take this as a vicious personal attack. It's not meant to be. Just commenting on
something that i found a bit odd.

sulfugor

PS : personally i really loved PoolShark and Rusty's late. Great stuff, no
reservations :)

And one more comment :

* It's too bad Mousetrap didn't make the deadline -- it was
  quite good, I thought.  To those who haven't seen it, it's
  available at
  http://www.irtc.org/anims/1998-10-15/view.html
  for downloading now.

Dan