POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Text around a torus? : Text around a torus? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Text around a torus?
From: Peter Scott
Date: 5 Feb 2002 18:38:06
Message: <1103_1012953005@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to make a model of the ring in Lord of the Rings, and I've
managed to get the shape nicely with a torus, but one thing has me
puzzled: how can I get the glowing elvish writing to go on the outside
of the torus?

I've tried making an image map with the writing on it, but I can't get
it to go on the torus correctly. This has been true of all image maps
I've used, so perhaps I'm just missing something about image maps.

I've also thought of using a text object--I have an elvish font--but I
don't know how to curve it around the ring.

Can anyone help me?
--Peter Scott