POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Platonic solids : Re: Platonic solids Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platonic solids
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Jan 2002 15:25:40
Message: <1103_1011299260@selliot>
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:49:07 -0800, Deaken <dwy### [at] sw-techcom> wrote:
> Actually, that's Fortran, not Forth.  What you said about the syntax and
> the math-related strengths are very true, though.
>
> Deaken

Oops.. Yeah I figured that out when I took a look at the sample code in your next
post,
but by then it was a little too late. lol Actually the code for loops you had looked
more
C-ish. ;) Though, out of context it is hard to tell how cryptic it really is.

Nothing like trying to figure out how someone elses code works, when you don't know
the language and have no interpreter that will let you see values or get some sense of
what is going on in it. I have tried at least once to convert some code in Fortran
into
VB, but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.  I wasn't even sure what the
original
code should be generating at each point.. :p Oh well, will figure it out eventually.
lol

Frankly the oldest language I have had any formal learning of is COBOL and that was
due to my college insisting that we had to know it, since most companies still used
it.
Things like C++ and Windows at the time where 'current concepts'. Annoying thing being
that the changed everything (including all new computer systems) the year after I
graduated. :p