POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence? : Re: Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence?
From: Andre Wesseling
Date: 17 Jan 2002 08:21:34
Message: <1103_1011273692@news.povray.org>
I meant coherence in the way Warp understood it. So I wanted to know:
- Does POV-Ray use any information of one frame to speed up calculation of
  the next frame while rendering an animation?
- Is a form of ray coherence used to speed up calculation?

My question was not intended towards physical effects based on coherence,
because I know that most ray tracers --including POV-Ray-- are using the particle
model of light, not the wave model. So, this question was about the software
engineering part of POV-Ray =).

Thanks for that fast replies,

Andre Wesseling