POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cove II Wip (49 Kb Attachment) : Re: Cove II Wip (49 Kb Attachment) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 18:03:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cove II Wip (49 Kb Attachment)
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 21 Sep 2002 17:41:39
Message: <1102625.dEBMkB6mcZ@3-e.net>
Aaron Gillies wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I incorporated a bunch of the changes that people suggested in
> this version.  For example, I attempted to make water marks
> on the base of the rocks and I also was able to make the rocks
> look a little better by rendering an orthographic view of the
> scene from above in grayscale, etc., etc. and then using that
> as the bitmap in the height_field.
>
> I'm not sure if the focal blur looks quite right.  There is still
> something unsatisfying about the scene.  Maybe it's just a little
> boring.

Well given you have waves the water's edge should be wet and the rock
glossy at that point. The rest of the rocks are cleaner than is natural.
One would expect bits of sea/water weed and other signs of aquatic life.
There should be weathering and lichen growth on the rocks with the
type/color changing according to the height on the rocks etc.

Have a look at the rocks in some of the pics here (page 2 is better)
http://3-e.net