POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray Bug? : Re: Povray Bug? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Bug?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 26 Dec 1999 17:02:01
Message: <0p3d6sgtaika1654l4dckr04f0i886jgva@4ax.com>
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:31:21 +0100, Charles & Paula
<pcd### [at] cybercablefr> wrote:

>I have just started to use megapov from Nathan Kopp.
>It works once well. After that povray stops totally the computer even
>allowing Norton anti-crach program to intercept the problem.

  I've successfully installed and run WinMegaPOV and the official
POV-Ray v3.1g for Windows (as well as the Linux versions of both) and
haven't had any problems of lockup or crashes.

  What happens if you disable all of the Norton utilities you are using?

  Does your system lock up with every scene you attempt to render,
including the official demo scenes?

  Please also read, "How to post bug reports", in
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions and include system info in
your reply to this thread, thanks.