POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Mar 2008 10:04:10
Message: <0p1qu3hvpjj2r8o3sr291qgqpslhvmlh49@4ax.com>
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:23:05 +0200, "Gail Shaw"
<initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
>
>> Getting in early in a young company can lead to great things.
>
>It's not a young company. They've been around for at least 5 years now.
>They're intentionally small. They don't hire people unless they are really
>good in their fields. I spoke with the MD last week. They've got work lined
>up til november

Good for you, getting the possition

>> That's funny, one of us leave education and another joins. It is a
>> strange world in some ways.
>
>Yeah. Though I'll be doing adult education, which is very different from
>school teaching.

It sure is, although I've had to give PC 101 courses in the middle of
SAP courses <gulp!>

>> I hope you like travelling and meeting lots of different people. I do
>> and like that part of the job.
>
>Won't be too much long-distance travelling. Most of the SQL work in SA is
>concentrated in the JHB/Pretoria area which is where I am.

Again that is good.

>Not being stuck
>in the same office for months on end does appeal.

That's what I like although on this contract. I'm working at home with
a couple of days travel a week.
It sounds like you've got a good job lined up. Is there any chance
that you will be offered a better package to stay at your present job
and would you take it?
--

Regards
     Stephen