POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : CSG algorithms : Re: CSG algorithms Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG algorithms
From: Peter Popov
Date: 30 Jan 2002 17:31:31
Message: <0n3f5ugom0ca1le375i1rr6m4vjv7dtr9h@4ax.com>
On 29 Jan 2002 19:02:36 -0500, Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg>
wrote:

>You don't need a Normal_At(Point) method if you instead compute and save
>the normal when you retrieve the intersection; for some objects this is less
>time-consuming and less ambiguous.

OK, OK, but for some it is not. Maybe something like:

#define Returned_Normal N

  N = ThisObject.Normal_At(Intersection_Point);

You know, I never thought of it this way - that by the maths of it,
some objects will readily provide the normal while intersection
testing. Now there's something to wake me up :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg