POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Bas Relief : Re: More Bas Relief Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Bas Relief
From: Peter Popov
Date: 31 Aug 2001 03:06:24
Message: <0jduot8k9do16ul54paqlu5kpug6q4ms41@4ax.com>
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:12:52 -0500, David Fontaine <dav### [at] faricynet>
wrote:

>Those gears look like they mesh a little too well to be Soviet-made.  ;)
>Nice detail.

Hehehe... allow me to know Soviet machine elements better :) After
all, until ten years ago there weren't any others around.

Early Soviet fighters had an auto-tracking gun which took into account
plane velocity, bullet speed & enemy relative velocity. It was very
effective and was purely mechanical - gears, eccentrics etc. How they
did that is a mystery to me, but it sure does tell a story.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg