POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Ear : Re: Ear Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ear
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 1 Mar 2004 12:27:04
Message: <0ds640t59gq5in760o7bouvvle609j2bv9@4ax.com>
Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Thank you. I posted two screenshots in moray binaries.
Cool, thanks. Great work.

> 3. The ability to add a point to an edge. The way it works now, when you
> divide an edge, it adds edges where they are not wanted, dividing faces
> diagonally, which then have to be found and merged, taking a lot of extra
> time.
Well, there is no way to divide an edge any other way. And the only
way you can merge faces again, is if you divide the edge on the
opposite side of the quad. I've tried to come up with a different
soultion, but I can't.

> 4. A way to divide a face diagonally without having to first delete the
> face, select three points, create face, select the other three points, and
> create face. Like maybe selecting two points and "split face".
So you want to split a quad into two triangles?

Thanks for the feedback.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray