POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal : Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal
Date: 10 Jan 2002 09:19:57
Message: <0b8r3u8v963josbslh1dv19l0alubiv2m6@4ax.com>
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:00:04 -0000, "Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote:
> seeing as every incarnation of pov slectivly breaks previous versions of the
> SDL, why should it be a concern?

afaik it not breaks, it extends

you can still use poly, quadric even if it is possible with isosurface
you can still write "declare" instead of "#declare"
you have still mesh{} even if mesh2{} gives the same obeject for you
you can still play with union of triangles instead of mesh
you can still play with spherical, onion and other patterns instead of new
function pattern (it allow redo of  almost all old patterns)
the only big thing removed I remeber is halo{} - and I'm sure there was reason

ABX