POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 4 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:38:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4
From: yesbird
Date: 22 Feb 2023 09:53:26
Message: <08505adc-5e52-16c4-473e-2abd276d949b@gmail.com>
On 22/02/2023 16:27, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:
> On 19.02.23 20:32, yesbird wrote:
>> Bald,
>> again, you are reading my thoughts :) I wanted to reply to author, but
>> was not able, as his email of incorrect format.
>>
>> I am looking for the similar methods for generating forms like on
>> attached image.
>
> Oh, I assumed rightly... your nickname in fact points to your musical
> preferences! That's very good, I always enjoy the company of fellow Yes
> fans! And, Yes and raytracing, that goes really well together...
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar
>
> Now playing: Arriving UFO (Yes)

Hi, Yadgar !

I'm glad to meet here yes-=fan, that thinks the same way as me - Dean's
artworks seem to be created for raytracing.

May be you will like my idea to create a library of parameterized
macros, implementing different kinds of 'Yes-objects', like stones,
plants, corals, shells etc, everything we can find on Dean's paintings
and what our fantasy will produce, and then use it for constructing
scenes, illustrated the whole Dean's world.

Thanks to Mike's comments and scene example I'm already started to
work on it, the first seed is here:

I suppose, having as a consultant such an experienced person, like Mike,
this project will grow fast. I will be glad, if will join it or may be
share some thought about better development.

I will post news about a progress here: 'povray.object-collection'group.

I'm also familiar with POV from about 1992, I studied computer graphics
in university with it. Now I'm getting back to the origin ...

Now playing 'Magnification' :)
(I was at this live show, it was fantastic !).
--
YB