POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Faces : Re: Faces Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Faces
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 27 Mar 2004 16:30:21
Message: <07sb60htc3k65gepns3riq6rhav4ba5qu3@4ax.com>
Hi Remy Closset, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> The most important thing for the modeler would be the possibility to split a
> quadrangular face in two parts, parallel with an edge.
Well, I agree that this would be handy, and it might make it into a
future release :-)

For now, just to make sure you are aware of one workflow... this is
what I usually do:
Press 'D' (edge mode)
Select one edge (Shift-Click the edge).
Press 'S' (split edge)
Select the other edge.
Press 'S' (split it)
Press 'F' (face mode)
Select two triangles that make up one of the new quads you actually
wanted.
Press 'M' (merge faces)
Press 'N' (deselect all)
Select the other two triangles that make up the other new quad you
actually wanted.
Press 'M' (merge faces)
Press 'N' (deselect all)

Cheers,