POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Feature Request:PCM Objects : Re: Feature Request:PCM Objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request:PCM Objects
From: Thomas Baier
Date: 4 Jan 2000 02:16:24
Message: <06737sg8n2u4h6vbeus63g1gsi4aggi99g@4ax.com>
On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 15:04:40 +0100, Karl Pelzer
<Kar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

Hi,

i would suggest that the compressed mesh generator reads *.raw.
It would be a little beside the philosophy of 3DWin to directly
support such a special feature like pcm, but it would be technicaly no
problem to implement.

As i said: please contact Warp to implment the *.raw reader.
If that works please come back to me (tho### [at] stmuccom) and we
will discuss the 3DWin integration.

>I tested Warp's Mesh Compressor and I find it very useful for large
>Meshes (produced by LParser).
>It would be useful to create a sourrounding scene with Moray. But since
>Moray can't handle PCM-Files I have to tweak the resulting code by hand.
>I would highly appreciate the capability to handle PCM objects just like
>UDO objects.

-tb