POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : forest scene [108k] : Re: forest scene [108k] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: forest scene [108k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Jan 2004 15:02:04
Message: <05jjc1-t59.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> Looks good, Chris. Too bad I'm not willing to put up with such long
> render times.... I'd rather be animating :)

I consider 6 hours as rather fast, but this is of course a low quality
render.

> The rocky hills could use a little more variation in texturing to make
> them look abused and overgrown with lichen.... In fact, considering the
> way the trees are placed and the structure of the hills, I'd say they
> could be composed of volcanic ash (a.k.a. rhyolite).

The flatter parts of the mountains have more structure in the texture
but most of it is covered by trees.  I also rendered it without trees
once and it looked quite interesting (it is quite amazing how such a
modification changes the look of the scene completely.

I am not sure about your suggestion for the type of stone, metamorphous
rocks can lead to similar formations i think.  The lack of structure in
the shadows is also due to the low radiosity quality.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______