POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Feature request - modification of dimensions() function. : Feature request - modification of dimensions() function. Server Time
17 May 2024 04:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request - modification of dimensions() function.
From: Anonymous
Date: 13 Dec 2005 11:02:32
Message: <0512131100341@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you has ever ran into trouble trying to identify whether a
declared variable is a scalar or an array.
Unless I've missed something, there doesn't seem to be a method that would allow a
macro to distinguish between the two.
If that's true, perhaps a modification to dimensions() would be useful.
If dimensions() is passed a float or vector identifier, parsing fails at that point.
What if the function returned a zero if passed a float or vector instead?
I haven't examined the internal workings to see if that would be a quick thing to
implement.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark LaBonte.