POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : - raytracer.jpg (0/1) would have been good for worlds within worlds... : - raytracer.jpg (0/1) would have been good for worlds within worlds... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  - raytracer.jpg (0/1) would have been good for worlds within worlds...
From: Reusser
Date: 4 Oct 2002 22:47:50
Message: <041020022141494956%reu1000@chorus.net>
I've always wanted to try this and ended up having some problems with
the plane intersection, but what's more fun than pointless complexity?
I basically made a ray-tracer in POV (without the wimpy trace
function!).  The (POV) scene is made up of an orthographic camera
looking at a 160 x 120 grid of spheres in a plane perpendicular to the
camera.  The 'scene' is completely created by the coloring of the
spheres.  It's pretty slow, but I guess that's why we have POV to do
this for us.  Oh well, I got that out of my system for now.

 - Ricky