POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Blow up! take 2 (498kbu) : Re: Blow up! take 2 (498kbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:34:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blow up! take 2 (498kbu)
From: Lenny[VB]
Date: 14 Mar 2002 14:01:18
Message: <01c1cb8a$9ee94e60$04ea5982@lenny>
Rune <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in article
<3c90d136@news.povray.org>...
> I've been looking at a little reference videos (real life, not holywood)
and
> they didn't have neither flashes nor shock waves, so I haven't added that
> the animation.
>
> I've made the explosion less saturated and made the gravity for the dust
> weaker so it fills a larger volume.
>
> Naturally, feedback is still appreciated, only, I don't go for holywood
like
> effects.
>
> Apart from experts like people in these groups, who are trained in
noticing
> flaws in CG effects, do you think this animation could fool anyone to
think
> it's real?

Looks real good, but to be really convincing you'll need some debris, or at
least some movement in the dust/smoke giving the appearance of debris
flying through it...

Otherwise I think it's a really good explosion...especially the slow
settling of the  dust/smoke...

The only way you can see shockwaves in this type of explosion is simply by
a front of movement in objects surrounding the explosion emanating out
circlewise from the explosion. The shockwave of compressed air and the
flashes come from nuclear explosions as seen in Hollywood, but also in real
life, and that just wouldn't fit this anim... (as in the building shouldn't
be standing after the explosion if it were a nuclear one)

Very nice work...

--
Lennard "Lenny" van Ingen
lenny_SPAMSUX_@vestingbar.nl