POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size : Re: new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size Server Time
2 May 2024 23:38:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size
From: Jim Snow
Date: 13 Jul 2001 20:55:15
Message: <01c10b9a$ffe2b040$87811c26@jmsWin95>
Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote in article
<3b4ef7c6@news.povray.org>...
> Very interesting.  Have you seen my isosurface stone walling code?  It
looks
> to be doing similar sorts of things, though I think mine is a little bit
> more intelligent (in that it does things as a stone mason might do, like
> making sure stones are wider than tall, etc)  It's slow, since it's in
pov
> native code, and then uses iso surfaces, but on the other hand, allows
for
> lots of nifty stuff like roughing up the surface and morphing it into
cones
> and cylinders and such by changing the iso function.
>
> I haven't looked at your code since I'm pretty much a novice to the POV
> source.
>
> Geoff

Where can I find this code?

By the way, you can make the stones tend to be more wide than high and vice
versa with my algorithm by tweaking some numbers in the c code.  I was
thinking of using my function in an isosurface, but I haven't really
figured out how isosurfaces work.

-jim