POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size : new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size
From: Jim Snow
Date: 12 Jul 2001 21:35:58
Message: <01c10ad7$8462d300$4b821c26@jmsWin95>
I wrote a pattern simulating the appearance of a stone wall made of
rectangular blocks of random size that interlock perfectly.  For an
example, look at "http://cs.georgefox.edu/~jsnow/pov.html".  I haven't
figured out how to integrate it into Pov-RAY so that I can call the pattern
by name and pass in parameters, so the only way to play with it right now
is to copy and paste my code into patterns.c and rename my "ashlar"
function to match the name of another pattern, and comment out that
pattern.

My code has been tested with Megapov .5, gcc, and Linux.

If someone wants to integrate it correctly into Pov-RAY, Megapov, or
whatever, be my guest.  You can get my code at
"http://cs.georgefox.edu/~jsnow/ashlar.c".  Anyone interested?

-jim