POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A bit of Anime/Manga : Re: A bit of Anime/Manga Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bit of Anime/Manga
From: H  E  Day
Date: 13 Oct 2000 23:26:16
Message: <01c0358e$3d5ff1a0$887889d0@daysix>
| These are really excellent Howard. Are you going to post the animation of
the
| pilot?
There is no anim, right now.  I'm playing with the idea, though.

| You seem to be developing a unique style and I like your move away from
| photrealism for this subject.  The chunky look of the fighter is great.
Are they
| modelled mainly with Blobs?

Thanks.   As a rule of thumb, I try to stay away from blobs.  The render
far to slowly for my taste. (Now, I realize that I used blobs extensively
in the past, I will continue to do so in the future.  It's just that if
something can be done faster and easier with Spatch than blobs, I'll go
with Spatch.)  There's also a lot of plain CSG.

H.E. Day
<><