POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) : Re: Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frog Sandwich (20Kbu)
From: H  E  Day
Date: 16 Aug 2000 21:10:19
Message: <01c007e7$df3053a0$637889d0@daysix>
| Which techniques do you use to animate him?
I use spline{} statements.  To voice sync, I load up DDClip, and the .wav
file.  Set the framerate, and look at whan the sounds are produced. Then I
plug in the frame number and how open and wide the mouth should be for that
sound. (My shiny-dandy mirror comes in handy for this...) For instance:

#declare Spline1 = //Mouth
spline {
cubic_spline
//"I just can't understand this stuff."
//frame rate = 20fps
000,0
002,0
004,0
006,0
008,0
010,0
012,1/2
013,1/8
014,0
016,1/4
017,0
018,0
021,1/3
023,0
024,1/3
026,1/5
027,1/4
030,0
033,1/4
036,1/7
037,1/5
040,1/7
041,1/6
042,1/2
045,0
047,0
049,0
051,0
053,0
055,0
057,0
058,0
}
//In this case, 1 is completely open...

I then use this:
#declare MouthOpen = 0+Spline1(clock*120).x
to declare the lips.  This can be used to comple any number of frames.

To see the end result, go to p.b.a. There's a anim posted there of the
character saying, "Hello, there....fine day for it."

Hope this helps.

H.E. Day
<><