POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) : Re: Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frog Sandwich (20Kbu)
From: H  E  Day
Date: 16 Aug 2000 21:03:17
Message: <01c007e6$e3b16460$637889d0@daysix>
| Oddly enough that was my first thought, but then an inner voice told
| me it was behind the camera so it didn't matter.
|
| Maybe I should learn to ignore my inner voice. Last time it told me to
| turn around and look after a nice pair of legs (or a pair of nice
| legs) and I almost smashed my bike in the truck in front of me. It
| hates me, I'm telling you.

Don't listen to the little voice. The one that tells you to look a nice
legs.  Listen to the one that tells you not to. :) Trust me, you'll do well
 in life.

| Seriously now, the trick is still ingenious. Did you make it up
| yourself?

Well, I gotta give some of the credit to Mr Huff.  In a discussion about
making cartoon shaders he mentions something about the diffuse and ambient
of a surface being controled by a color_map (In refrence to a 3DSMax
cartoon picture I had posted earlier..).  I got to thinking, how to do that
in Povray? My normal response to such problems is to run through the
pattern types.
Bozo...nah...wrinkles...nope...gradient...maybe....slope...*DING*.  Behold
- an answer looking for a question!

H.E. Day
<><