POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) : Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Frog Sandwich (20Kbu)
From: H  E  Day
Date: 15 Aug 2000 18:29:37
Message: <01c00708$381050a0$877889d0@daysix>
Here's the pretty-much-final version of the main character of my next IRTC
Anim.  I used some pretty advanced rendering techniques to get this result.
 For instance, no lights were used to save time.  That's right. No lights.
Instead, I used a slope texture *over* the original texture.  This allowed
me to smooth the lines between cells.  It also decreased the render time
from 3 minutes to 2.  Also, I eliminated Anti-Aliasing, cutting the R-T in
half again.  All in all, not a bad job, eh?
Comments, flames, welcome.

--
H.E. Day
<><