POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My version of the (semi)photorealistic torus thingie : Re: My version of the (semi)photorealistic torus thingie Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My version of the (semi)photorealistic torus thingie
From: CreeD
Date: 3 Aug 2000 02:07:23
Message: <01bffd11$468d4d00$0b1ba1d0@mk>
>   Now, this is interesting. For no apparent reason a quite chaotic
pattern
> (with greenish-yellow coloration) has appeared seemingly from nowhere on
the
> sphere at the right of the central sphere. Its appearance there is quite
> mysterious. Well, not really the appearance, but its chaotic nature. I
> guess that it may be caused by refraction of one or several caustics, but
> its chaotic pattern is just inexplicable.

I think the coloration is the result of these?

The hot spot under each sphere appears to be fairly whitish light which is
hitting
the brown surface.  The result is yellowish.  Since the adjoining sphere
and the sphere next to that are both directly facing the light source,
there's one spot going onto the ground behind the sphere and another going
somewhat into the sphere.  The result of seeing the yellowish spots through
blue glass is green, like the Ziploc ad.
The thing I don't get is how so much of the ground is being seen through
that particular sphere when all the others are fairly opaque due to the
high reflectivity.
So maybe I'm just wrong. It does look pretty 'swirly', like the pic with
the media inside crystals.  Could the swirliness be from reflecting the
clouds?