POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Decent Pool Hall scene. : Re: Decent Pool Hall scene. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decent Pool Hall scene.
From: CreeD
Date: 20 Jun 2000 13:00:41
Message: <01bfdad9$d08e2c40$9f1ba1d0@mk>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in article
<394f91a5@news.povray.org>...
> Nice!

> I think, the green of the felt (?) should be darker.

That's my next mission (felt is right by the way)

> Try to make the wooden sides of the Table as separate pieces, and apply
the
> texture before rotating (or rotate the texture) . Now it looks like you
take
> a solid block and cut a hole in it,because all the grain is oriented in
the
> same direction.

Good point, that should be easy to five (they're already separated)

> What's up with the floor on the left? It looks like the walls - perhaps
it's
> to reflective?

All the light is coming from the right that isn't going to the table's
surface, so that's all shadow.  I did that on purpose, but if it looks ugly
I'll throw in lights.

 > Give us a nice close up of one corner, two or three balls, the chalk an
one
> of this sticks you play the game with (my dictionary refuses to give me
the
> right world :-)).

Cue stick is the word, but most players just call it a 'stick' :)