POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest (WIP) : Re: Forest (WIP) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forest (WIP)
From: CreeD
Date: 20 Jun 2000 11:34:37
Message: <01bfdacd$ca491040$9f1ba1d0@mk>
Chris S. <chr### [at] bluelectrodecom> wrote in article
<3942e7fe@news.povray.org>...
> An idea I'm probably going to reject for the IRTC.  Comments greatly
> appreciated.
>
> -Chris-

A good render of something just like this needs to be done, and I haven't
seen one anywhere else. I think you should keep it and work on it for a
while.  You aesthetics may differ, but I'd thicken up the trees until you
almost can't see anything else between them, (even though it'd take a while
to render) or at least fake it and do a photo blur for the deep deep
background.
I'd maybe widen the stream or do something else to make it stand out.
The moss on the rocks looks kind of spraypainted also.  Maybe it's just
that it's too green. Also if it's green below (ferns and stuff) then the
branches above shouldn't be bare.  If it's within your ability to do a nice
canopy you could try that.