POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Odd result with MegaPov 0.5 : Re: Odd result with MegaPov 0.5 Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd result with MegaPov 0.5
From: H  E  Day
Date: 27 May 2000 20:50:52
Message: <01bfc83e$95a354a0$9b7889d0@daysix>
Darcy Johnston <djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM> wrote in article
<39304e0a$1@news.povray.org>...
> I'm developing a scene using Jaimes Vives' non-media clouds include file.
> Oddly enough, when I use MegaPov 0.5 and use the line
> #version unofficial MegaPov 0.5;
> the clouds disappear. If I change the 0.5 back to 0.4 but still use the
same
> binary, the clouds reappear.
> Has anyone else had similar problems? Is this just a side effect from a
new
> feature, or is it bug?

I don't know.   I have had other problems, though.  The most serious is the
disc object.  Whenever combined with any other primitive, it causes the
intersection, difference, whatever, to disappear. This is especially
noticable when you #declare the object and use it over and over again. None
show.  Nathan, I know you're gonna read this, so is there anything you can
do about it??

H.E. Day
<><