POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Future of Moray/POVray : Re: Future of Moray/POVray (long) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future of Moray/POVray (long)
From: David Byrden
Date: 4 Jan 2000 12:19:51
Message: <01bf56d7$a03a5cc0$668391c2@goyra>
Rick <pov### [at] dialpipexcom> wrote in article <3846a0f6@news.povray.org>...

> A simpler plugin system (as discussed on sdk-list) would be a real
> advantage, something allong the lines of beginner VB would be perfect -
draw
> your UI then write simple and easy to learn code to power it.

	For christ's sake, not VB - that's a horrible
travesty of a programming language. It's not even
object-oriented!

> the ability to parse POV script would be a
> real step forward - even a limited subset of the full language would be
> extremly usefull

	I wrote a grammar for a subset of POV using
a Java parser called JavaCC. I use it to turn POV models
(output from Moray) into nested objects that I can combine
and manipulate and then turn back into POV format. It
works fine but I'd like a formal description of POV language -
does such exist?

				David