POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My photon mapping experiments : Re: My photon mapping experiments Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My photon mapping experiments
From: Shinzaho
Date: 15 Mar 1999 16:18:17
Message: <01be6f27$60d2fbc0$564a5b82@fisher.hr.upenn.edu>
Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote in article
<36ED338D.41DC804E@Kopp.com>...
> For the reflections one, you probably will want a higher density of
photons.
> How many photons were used for that one, by the way.  It does look good
the
> way it is though... looks like an area light is being used.

129,569 photons were used.  I tried rendering it with a higher density and
the little reflections being cast onto the far wall by the lettering
against the far wall disappeared, so I lowered the density again.

Michael