POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Loading Enzmanns Polyray-plugin : Re: Loading Enzmanns Polyray-plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loading Enzmanns Polyray-plugin
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 11 Jan 1999 07:28:13
Message: <01be3d5d$22b6a2c0$89d45381@aenzmann.mitre.org>
Ann Vervoe <Ver### [at] innetbe> wrote in article <369### [at] innetbe>...
> Can someone help me ... I cann't load the polyray-plugin into MorayWin
> (although I followed the steps if the readme.txt).
> Thanks in advance you great guys
>
> Ann

Sorry for the delay - been out of town for the last week.

If all the loading problems are occuring on NT systems, there is one thing
that -could- be the problem.  Check the capitalization of the two DLL's on
your system.  They should be: "RenderMoray.dll", and "Polyray2.dll".  I've
found that NT is much pickier about use of caps versus lower letters in
DLL's.

If Windows can't find the DLL, you should be seeing a message box that says
something like, "A required DLL, "Polyray2.dll" couldn't be located".  If
it's actually getting loaded by Moray, and then something goes wrong, I'll
have to work with Lutz to determine just what is going wrong.

I think Lutz asked for the first clues - Is it on the list of loaded
plugins?  Does an entry appear on the Import menu (Mesh)?

I only have Win '95 and '98 to test on, and it was working without a hitch
there...

I tried to make the installation as simple as I could.  There are two
libraries involved.  One is the actual plugin, "RenderMoray", and goes in
the Moray plugin directory.  The other is the actual renderer and can go
either somewhere in your PATH, or in Moray's main directory (where
MorayWin.exe resides).

Xander