POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Display Problem : Re: Display Problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Display Problem
From: Scott Hill
Date: 6 Oct 1998 12:19:29
Message: <01bdf11f$407a9ee0$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Lewis Sellers <lse### [at] usitnet> wrote in article
<361985AC.9E872B94@usit.net>...
> Sirrus wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
>
> It's your video mode. Change it to 24 or 32bit and it will go away.
>
> Realize this: that in 8bit mode you have a choice of 256 color out of a
> pallette 262144 colours (rgb 6:6:6b).

	It's hair splitting, but, isn't 8bit 256 out of 16,777,216 ?
--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.