POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Twyst and twysted.net : Re: Twyst and twysted.net Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twyst and twysted.net
From: Eric
Date: 2 Oct 1998 02:59:14
Message: <01bddf7b$34be4c60$11efebd0@debbiemi>
my statement was not completely wrong, he states the fact that he jumped
the gun on his web page...check, i don't lie.

as far as this matter is concerned, im sorry if i wasted anyones time, i
just wanted them to be aware of what could happen to them from associations
with this guy.

i am pursuing this matter legally from here on out, so i will post this
only every month or so, to cgrr so that everyone there will be aware of the
risk they take.

Twyst, my lawyers will soon be in contact with you.

Eric

Thorsten Froehlich <fro### [at] charliecnsiitedu> wrote in article
<3613e84c.0@news.povray.org>...
<eri### [at] geocitiescom> schrieb:

> >That just goes to prove my point.
>
> Well, not exactly...your point that he made POV-Ray available before
proper release date is simply wrong (it *was* released!!!), and your other
statement is something I do not know for sure!

> >> Hmm, I did not know that he is a member...
> >
> >His statement is that he IS associated with that organization as
"assistant
> >webmaster" for the Pov-ray page.  Is he lying?
>
> I said I don't *know* that he is a team member, he is not listed anywhere
in the program docs and I never met him in the (private area of the) POVRAY
forum.
> I don't now if he is "assistant webmaster", as I could read out of the
IRC he only said he was offered it, but I may be wrong.  If you want to
know it you have to ask Chris Young if he is, he is the team leader and he
can tell you definetly.

> >And moreover, my message was one of warning to people that were unaware
of
> >the risks they ran when associating with the #povray channel.
>
> Well, you were not very kind in this either...but whatever problems there
are between you and Twyst, I don't think you should discuss them this way
because attacks on your ot Twysts computers will be nearly impossible to
prove - everybody can edit a text file or a log or whatever, I think.

> I would simply forget this and not go there again...avoiding trouble is
better then running against it. Your current way is the one of a child
coming to his parents (this is a metaphor!!!) and telling them another
child hit it. What will the parents do? The only think they can do is tell
the other childs parents, not more. And all this newsgroup can do, is to
say that attacking the computer someone else is not "nice", thats all - the
rest has to be settled between you and Twyst (if you both want this) and
does not belong into a newsgroup.