POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Twyst and twysted.net : Re: Twyst and twysted.net Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:09:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twyst and twysted.net
From: Eric
Date: 1 Oct 1998 15:34:27
Message: <01bddf1b$87cb4a80$15efebd0@debbiemi>
Once again, another Pov-ray op trying to defend the criminal activities of
Twyst.  What everyone must realize is that the argument between Twyst and I
erupted out of the fact that I was trying to help a new user.  Twyst made
that almost impossible with his incessant "script" tests.

Continue to support Twyst and his criminal activities, meanwhile I will
continue to tell people of the risk that they run to their property if they
associate with the #povray channels.

As for a lawsuit, i would enjoy the challenge, and due to the provable loss
that I had due to Twyst's actions, I intend to pursue any and all actions
against Twyst.

Now, everyone can be aware of what to expect from people such as you all.

Out,

Eric

Ron Parker <par### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in article
<36123f0a.0@news.povray.org>...
> [...]
> >In truth, no one ever talked about Pov-ray which was the whole reason i
had
> >gone there to begin with.  So, the channel WAS being lame for never
> >discussing Pov.
>
> Um... yeah, the regulars don't discuss POV 24 hours a day, 7 days
> a week.  That has to do with having discussed every part of it we
> care about.  Considering we've been talking about it constantly for
> years now, you'd think we'd have no more to say, but we still talk
> about POV most of the time.
>
> Even when the current discussion is off-topic, if a new user comes by
> and wants to know what the channel is about, or what POV is about, or
> has a POV question, I've never seen anyone, including Twyst, not jump
> right up to answer the question in a helpful and supportive manner.
> Even when it's always the same question (where can I find some cool
> raytraced pictures) we never get tired of answering it, because we know
> we just got one more person hooked on POV.
>
> >I can't understand why an organization like Pov-ray would want to be
linked
> >to a criminal like Twyst.   Perhaps they enjoy him trying to take the
> >spotlight away from the Pov organization and putting it on himself with
> >such antics as releasing the new Pov-ray release on HIS web page before
the
> >proper release date.
>
> Actually, my understanding is that official build had been released on
> Compuserve prior to both Twyst and McLilith (yes, Twyst wasn't the only
> one who prereleased the official build) putting it on their websites.
> I also understand that there was no language in the Compuserve release
> preventing further distribution.  That being the case, they weren't
> violating any license agreements or doing anything else wrong by
> providing a place for the Internet community to download it.  True,
> they obviously have more time for website maintenance than the POV-Team
> does, but maybe that's why the POV-Team is looking for help.  Would you
> begrudge them the assistance of someone who has both the time and the
> motivation to keep povray.org up-to-date, just because you think he
> nuked you and may have incidentally caused your obviously already
unstable
> windows installation to self-destruct?
>
> >As of recently, i have once again been "allowed" back into the #povray
> >channels on Dalnet.  After learning of the Internet Movie Project, I
began
> >working with another #povray channel regular named Restil on trying to
> >complete the first "test" run laid out by the scripting team.  That
> >animation has been completed and has only to be encoded into a player,
now,
> >which is a huge step for Pov-ray and for the Internet Movie Project
team.
> >I am sure that more will be forth coming from Restil about this to the
IMP.