POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Twyst and twysted.net : Re: Twyst and twysted.net Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:09:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twyst and twysted.net
From: Eric
Date: 1 Oct 1998 15:27:58
Message: <01bddf1a$a3c54480$15efebd0@debbiemi>
Once again, you guys show how you are.  You came into my new chat channel
only a night ago, pretending to be there as some kind of friend.

Do you know how much help i recieved from you all the whole time i was
there?  I have log after log where i asked a question, seeking help, only
to be told that basically i was dumb, because i couldn't figure out the
docs.

As far as log files go, Twyst and the rest of you are always twysting log
files to your own usage.

My question to all of you, is how can you trust someone that would nuke
somebody?

Would you download software from a site that supports a guy who nukes
people?

Eric

marc <mar### [at] ncxcom> wrote in article <3612f251.0@news.povray.org>...
> [...]
> >understand what kind of ego would have someone banning one of the FEW
> >constant supporters of the channel.
> >The next thing i knew, my computer froze up and i had to reboot.  But
not
> >before a little program called Nuke Nabber told me that Twyst was nuking
> >me.  For anyone that doesn't know, Windows 95 has a few small problems
with
> >it's internet protocols. I can't really explain it but, it's illegal and
> >can be very damaging.   You can learn more about it at
> >http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/nuke/ .
>

> And ANYONE who has been on IRC for years would know there are patches
> constantly being relapsed to protect yourself form nuking.
>
> >When I tried to reboot my computer, scandisk ran because Windows had not
> >been properly shut down. Scandisk found big time problems with my hard
> >drive because of the Windows crash.  After Scandisk finished trying to
> >repair everything, Windows would no longer run.  I lost everything on my
> >hard drive, had to reformat and reinstall everything.
> >
> >Now, let me explain to you that nuking is illegal and totally uncalled
for
> >under any circumstances.  I learned this week that Twyst has come on
board
> >www.povray.org as the "assistant webmaster".
> >
> >I can't understand why an organization like Pov-ray would want to be
linked
> >to a criminal like Twyst.   Perhaps they enjoy him trying to take the
> >spotlight away from the Pov organization and putting it on himself with
> >such antics as releasing the new Pov-ray release on HIS web page before
the
> >proper release date.  Or turning supposed Pov-ray channels on irc into
his
> >own PERSONAL playgrounds where he can play God.
>

> POVRAY 3.1 WAS released to the public when twyst and Mclilith (and I had
> mirror site myself) had it up. do you really think the POVRAY team has
all
> the time in the world to work on not only the app itself, but the web
page,
> and all the other things they do? come on grow up. Just because you had a
> problem with twyst doesn't mean he played god. I read the .log file pal
you
> were being an ass from the beginning.
>
> >If a person like this is allowed to be part of the Pov-ray organization,
> >what does that say about the organization itself?
>

> Well if the IMP has a person like you involved what does that say for
that
> organization?
>
> >In Twyst's twysted world, free speech does not reign, only his twysted
> >sense of himself as God of Pov.  Pov is about all of us that use it, not
> >about one individual.
>

> take out the personal attack and I do agree, POVRAY is more than ANY one
> person. But I have been going into #POVRAY for months now and I have
NEVER
> seen twyst act like "god".
>
> >Do you want to use a program that's associated with criminals, yes,
> >criminals (once again, nuke attacks are illegal and the incident was
quite
> >painful for me, because of damage done to my pc), like Twyst?
>

> I have been nuked numerous times and have NEVER had multiple file
> corruption's happen. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I would think
that
> maybe there was some instability there beforehand.
>
> >As of recently, i have once again been "allowed" back into the #povray
> >channels on Dalnet.  After learning of the Internet Movie Project, I
began
> >working with another #povray channel regular named Restil on trying to
> >complete the first "test" run laid out by the scripting team.  That
> >animation has been completed and has only to be encoded into a player,
now,
> >which is a huge step for Pov-ray and for the Internet Movie Project
team.
> >I am sure that more will be forth coming from Restil about this to the
IMP.

> I think you are over stating the importance of your short test. Not that
IMP
> isn't going to be something special (on the contrary it is VERY special)
but
> you are overestimating the importance of that one little test.
>
> >I am responsible only for the sun texture and the programming of the
lens
> >flare, using the lens flare include, produced by Chris Colefax.  And in
> >some small part for making the topic an active one in the minds of
channel
> >regulars.
>

> First of all what does the IMP have to do with the #POVRAY channel? IMP
has
> it's own channel which btw twyst set up.
>
> >Tonight,  while i was trying to help some of the new users to "our"
> >channel, Twyst in normal fashion, was interrupting the conversation with
> >lines from his Mirc script.  Only a month ago, i had been told not to do
> >this and had complied readily.  When i asked Twyst why he could do it
and
> >no one else, he replied that he was an OP.  He could do what he pleased
as
> >rank came with priviledge.
>

> Well first off you didn't ask you told twyst to stop it (don't believe me
> check out the attached .log file) secondly ops CAN do what they want in
ANY