POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : planet - take two : planet - take two Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  planet - take two
From: SamuelT
Date: 6 May 1999 02:22:48
Message: <01bdd886$4033dd40$0750d4ab@default>
Hello all. I posted the start of this scene a while back, but a computer
crash kept me from continue work on it. I managed to make the moons'
shadows disappear into the atmosphere by using a couple of helpful finish
commands, diffuse and brilliance. The landscape is simply three
heightfields rotated and scaled differently on a plane. A granite normal
was added to the whole thing, to make the triangles in the heightfields
disappear (almost).
	I look forward to any constructive criticisms(or destructive, depending on
how much of the scene I end up scrapping ;)  any of you may have.
	Oh yeah, I added a transparent plane with specular to the front of the
scene for the light_source to shine from.

SamuelT

STB### [at] aolcom

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: