POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animated 3D models question : animated 3D models question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:11:11 EDT (-0400)
  animated 3D models question
From: Clint Allen
Date: 19 Aug 1998 02:18:09
Message: <01bdcb30$b6f63760$c90537a6@busterbrown>
I know that you can make 3D animated models with POV-Ray, and save them to
disk (as a targa, then use DTA on them).  What I want to know is how can I
then load those animated models into my C or C++ program and animate them
as needed?  Can these also be viewed with different camera angles within
the program (like Quake's enemies as they appear to the player)?
Basically I want to make an animated character just like in a 2D game,
where all the frames of the 2D animation (bitmaps) are read into the
program, then blitted to the screen.  Only in 3D.  Is this possible with
POV-Ray or some other renderer/modeler?  Thanks for your time, guys.
Clint Allen
Amateur C/C++ programmer, computer fanatic
Tech Support Rep, Dell Computer Corp.
Backup address:  c_a### [at] hotmailcom
ICQ UIN:  8662422
Do your part to reduce net clog -- send PLAIN TEXT e-mail!