POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Spiral objects etc : Re: Spiral objects etc Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral objects etc
From: mick
Date: 28 Jul 1998 14:56:31
Message: <01bdba51$03094b60$1640a8c2@wphnvffu>
try:
using sheres in a #while loop translate  a sphere out to the radius of a
leg in the z direction
rotate by a amount of degrees(experiment)
translate up by a small amount in the y direction
repeat

If you want some sample code contact me
at mic### [at] virginnet

A Ratcliffe <ara### [at] aratcliffedemoncouk> wrote in article
<6lve78$67f$1@oz.aussie.org>...
> I need to create spiral images for spiral-carved table legs etc. I have
> discovered that it can be done using the sphere sweep modification to
> PovRay. I'm slightly wary though.
>
> TMPov can do sphere sweeps but it is unsupported by the PovRay team. I
can
> get C code to compile my povray to use sphere sweeps, but there is a
> problem.
>
> No offence, but I don't want to wreck my current povray installation by
> converting it to something which a) is unsupported, and b) I will lose
next
> time a version comes out....
>
> To this end is there any way to create such objects without modifying
> Povray, possibly via triangle-patchs properly modelled. I have SPatch,
and
> Moray, but though they both do rotational sweeps, neither of them
consider
> that a translation might be required.
>

> Can anyone suggest some software to supply povray/moray with the object
I'm