POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povray crashes : Re: PovRay and GUI shell (was: povray crashes) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay and GUI shell (was: povray crashes)
From: Scott Hill
Date: 13 May 1998 06:41:40
Message: <01bd7dad$1df6ce10$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Mathias Broxvall <mbr### [at] swipnetseNOSPAM> wrote in article
<1d8### [at] dialup122-3-36swipnetse>...

> >       Yeah, it easy, you just write the public interfaces in C, rather
than C++,
> > then name mangling doesn't matter as all the mangled names are kept
within
> > the library.
>
> Great! Sorry if this question isn't realy about programming povray:
>
> Are there a standard for it? I have seen the following in some
> of my system headers, is it the same on other platform to?
>
> extern "C" {
>   /* All my great C prototypes here */
> }

	Yeah, that's the way to do it. I don't know how platform independent it is
though, so you may run into problems and I've a feeling, even if it is part
of the current C++ standard, it may well be dropped when the ANSI C++
standard is finally released, sometime this year (hopefully), but,
hopefully the name mangling problem will be cleared up as well.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.