POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling POVRay with Mingw32 on Win95. : Re: Compiling POVRay with Mingw32 on Win95. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling POVRay with Mingw32 on Win95.
From: Scott Hill
Date: 11 May 1998 11:22:30
Message: <01bd7cda$4f8876a0$8c00a8c0@shindo.ddlinks.co.uk>
Alain CULOS <ZAl### [at] bigfootcom> wrote in article
<355604C2.D4CD8753@bigfoot.com>...
> In POV's code for windows (pvbitmap.c) there is a reference to
LPBITMAPCOREHEADER.
> I have no such thing in any of my windows header files, but I was
wondering whether you could give me the info from your own windows header
files.

> Also I have found something and that may be what I'm looking for, but I
want to confirm that before I do anything stupid. In my Structures.h file I
have the following :

> ==================================
> typedef struct tagBITMAPCOREHEADER {
>   DWORD   bcSize;
>   WORD    bcWidth;
>   WORD    bcHeight;
>   WORD    bcPlanes;
>   WORD    bcBitCount;
> } BITMAPCOREHEADER;

> My guess is the answer to my question is that BITMAPCOREHEADER does the
job.
> Would anyone be able to confirm that ?

	Almost, the LP prefix means it's a long pointer to a BITMAPCOREHEADER, so
just alter your Stuctures.h to read :

typedef struct tagBITMAPCOREHEADER {
  DWORD   bcSize;
  WORD    bcWidth;
  WORD    bcHeight;
  WORD    bcPlanes;
  WORD    bcBitCount;
} BITMAPCOREHEADER, far *LPBITMAPCOREHEADER;

	You don't actually need the 'far' in there if you're targeting 32-bit, but
it's safest just to have it in there anyway.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.