POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : To Francois : Perhaps we need a new group (was 'Re: correction') Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Perhaps we need a new group (was 'Re: correction')
From: Tristan Wibberley
Date: 11 Feb 1970 09:55:12
Message: <01bd36f4$5d3de720$181657a8@W_tristan.gb.tandem.com>
I think a povray.bugs group would be nice, somewhere for any apparent bugs
to be reported, and acknowledgements from the POV team so you know that it
may be fixed by the next version. With an FPB (Frequently Posted Bugs
heehee ;-) allowing bugs and workarounds to be archived and removed to
clear up clutter.

Perhaps this could actually be povray.suggestions.moderated - with posts
'signed' by 5 or more povray users somehow (this would ensure proper
discussion in povray.suggestions perhaps and details on how it might work
before cluttering the 'real' suggestions group), [volunteer] moderators
would look at the signaturies for at least one povray programmer (that they
can recognise from the povray.programming group) before they accept it for
cluttering up in case it's utterly far fetched for the PoV team to do it.
And of course, there would be no obligation to the PoV team to follow up on
the suggestions (but I think we would all demand a follow up on the bugs).

--
Tristan Wibberley

(Remove the '.NO_LUNCHEON_MEAT' from my
email address to reply.)