POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : terrain visualization - help getting started? : Re: terrain visualization - help getting started? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: terrain visualization - help getting started?
From: GrimDude
Date: 13 Jan 1970 12:06:51
Message: <01bd203b$e5f77100$bf681cce@arkansasusa.com.arkansasusa.com>
Eric,

  The program to do this is "Terrain Forge." You can make a black and white
bitmap as input, and then apply your color image on top of the mesh it
creates. I prefer color mapping the mesh myself, but it should work very
well. I'm afraid he neglected to put a URL in his program, but a web search
should come up with it.
  Now, you could help me! Let me know if you have any DEM files of Europe.
No, I know what's on the web. I need everything from the Arctic Circle to
Southern Libya, and Western Ireland to forty miles east of Moscow. Money is
a problem, so if it's not free well, I'll have to hack it I guess. :)
--
Paul Hinds
gri### [at] swbellnet

Eric Ringler <eri### [at] yanceymainncus> wrote in article
<34B### [at] yanceymainncus>...