POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Render POVray file from Applescript : Re: Render POVray file from Applescript Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render POVray file from Applescript
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 6 Mar 2003 19:44:50
Message: <0001HW.BA8E36B7009E6C0BF0407600@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 8:36:16 +1100, Thorsten Froehlich wrote
(in message <3e67bf54@news.povray.org>):

> In article <web.3e66b8d6144a413b50812eff0@news.povray.org> , "Martin Crisp"
> <spa### [at] tesseractcomau> wrote:
>
>> [btw: any hints on how to convince OS X to include POV-Ray's help in the
>> "Help Centre"? I can navigate to it but...]

Actually, the idx file is grayed out (I can open the html
though...)

> If you find one how an application can do that without an
> installer, I would also like to know ... probably a simple trick
> one just has to figure out but (sill?) nobody bothered to
> document what is different from doing the same in Mac OS :-(

Not helped when the Help Viewer is buggy under 10.2.4...
e.g. changing font size causes it to not follow links properly - as
if the developer doc wasn't hard enough to follow. :-/

One of the apps (iGetter) I've installed since moving to 10.2.4 is
a drag-install, and it appears in help viewer, but I can't recall
if it showed automatically, or if I chose its help item in the
application. [But, strangely, I can't find its idx file.]

I'll have a bit of a play and see if I can figure this out a bit
more.

Have Fun
Martin
--