POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Render POVray file from Applescript : Re: Render POVray file from Applescript Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render POVray file from Applescript
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 6 Mar 2003 05:09:12
Message: <0001HW.BA8D697B006E520FF0305600@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:39:09 +1100, Thorsten Froehlich wrote
(in message <3e65b7ae$1@news.povray.org>):

> In article <0001HW.BA8BC04F000AABCDF0284600@news.povray.org> , Martin Crisp
> <Spa### [at] tesseractcomau>  wrote:
>
>> I'm running OS X, but this should still apply to 9.2.2...
>>
>> You can't, directly.
> <snip>
>> To find out what AppleScript support POV-Ray has, use the Script
>> Editor's file menu "Open Dictionary" item and select POV-Ray.
>> You'll see there is no 'render' command.
>
> You can.  Many commands are just not in the dictionary due to lack of time.
> Nevertheless, the whole application is recordable.  Thus, recording the
> desired action will yield the (I have to admit cryptic) AppleScript code
> that will do the job.

OK, I had a play.
[recorded: launch POV-Ray, open existing file, render it]
Cryptic is a good description :-) e.g. I can't see where a render
is triggered in the recorded script. [Also on running the recorded
script I get an error, do you want a bug report?]

Are there any quick and dirty notes available that might help (or
should I just leave it be until it's 'more ready' since it,
apparently, isn't a dev-team priority for this release)?

Have Fun
Martin
--
Across: