POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 23 Dec 2002 17:43:25
Message: <0001HW.BA2DDCBD003336490DBE5570@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 2:46:09 +1100, John Dribus wrote
(in message <3E0### [at] earthlinknet>):

[top-post moved]

> Dale Walsh wrote:

[snip me]

>> Add me to the list, the render queue stays open and I have to quit to
>> get it to stop.  I see a lot of people have this problem but I see no
>> answers?  G4, OS 9.2.2, Carbon Lib 1.6; all the same systems?

> Yes, Same here, 867Mhz dual G4. OS 9.9.2 or OSX 10.2.3, Carbon Lib 1.6.
> And I'm rendering very simple scenes.
> John

Thorsten's advice cured my symptoms:
<paste>
> If you really want, you can force the rendering into the background using
> this hidden option:
>
> You can control if preemptive threading or cooperative threading is used.
> By default cooperative threading will be used.  In order to change this
> setting go the the POV-Ray preferences dialog.  Switch to the Editor pane.
> Now hold down the "option" key* and switch back to the General pane.  Now
> you should see another checkbox:  The checkbox for preemptive threading
> which will only take effect after you restart POV-Ray!
</paste>

Have Fun
Martin
--
aa #(2^8)*(2^3-2^0)
[...]Et sepultus resurrexit; certum est, quia impossibile.

Almost always SMASHed

PGP Key (ID 0xED55A6D0) Fingerprint:
A7C7 F865 B317 ABBB B10E  D8AC F4AD 347D ED55 A6D0