POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
17 Jun 2024 21:46:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 22 Dec 2002 17:52:50
Message: <0001HW.BA2C8D6D003BFA1E0E917220@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 5:19:57 +1100, Renderdog wrote
(in message <web.3e06024d42f46e194b5522fd0@news.povray.org>):

> Dale Walsh wrote:
>
>> Add me to the list, the render queue stays open and I have to quit to
>> get it to stop.  I see a lot of people have this problem but I see no
>> answers?  G4, OS 9.2.2, Carbon Lib 1.6; all the same systems?

I haven't looked at the render queue. The render progress dialog
does the same for me as others have reported - i.e. never has
information in it, scrolling candy-cane the entire time [even after
a render finishes - small scenes only...].

> I'm running on a 500MHz G4 PowerBook, OS 9.2.2, Carbon Lib 1.6, and I
> have no problems with the rendering speed or the queue. I set POV-Ray
> to Tyrannical or Selfishly fast and turned all the sleep and power saving
> settings off.

My G4 400 is a tower [Zip drive, DVD-RAM, USB CDR/CD-RW, internal
scsi card, 256MB, 20GB and 80GB ATA drives].

[snip - answered since]

Have Fun
Martin
--