POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
18 May 2024 04:46:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 22 Dec 2002 10:08:40
Message: <0001HW.BA2C20A300226AB30E26D400@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 22:29:28 +1100, Martin Crisp wrote
(in message <0001HW.BA2BED48001659E70D78DFC0@news.povray.org>):

[snip]

> Consistently: 28-30 seconds after the preview window is displayed,
> my machine goes into near catalepsy - screen updates happen once
> every 60 seconds thereafter.
>
> Subject: 7Facets.pov - a very simple scene
> in povray.binaries.scene-files

[snip]

Here's a jpg of the rendered scene from when I first made it (at
320x240):
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~martincrisp/7facets.jpg

Here are some screenshots of the preview window taken a few seconds
after pausing the render, but at 640x480
As soon as my machine slowed down (+ 60 seconds):
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~martincrisp/7facets_30secs.jpg

After an hour:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~martincrisp/7Facets_1hr.jpg

2hours
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~martincrisp/7Facets_2hrs.jpg

3 hours
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~martincrisp/7Facets_3hrs.jpg

And the output file -> jpg when I stopped it (also at 3 hrs)
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~martincrisp/7Facets_stopped.jpg

FWIW

It's a simple scene that shouldn't take a G4 400 more than a minute
or two. [and didn't in the past].

Have Fun
Martin
--