POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.9945627 "Constant" rounded Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  alpha.9945627 "Constant" rounded (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: jr
Subject: alpha.9945627 "Constant" rounded
Date: 26 Jul 2021 07:50:00
Message: <web.60fea0b2e0f64d045e0fed26cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

it appears that when I use a "Constant"[*] on the command-line, its value gets
rounded to six digits, see below.  for the alpha, and the current beta.  (and
'povr')  have not tried from an ini file.

[*] <https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Scene_Parsing_Options#Constant>

regards, jr.

jr@swift:2:now$ c### [at] tstpov

#version 3.8;

global_settings {assumed_gamma 1}
box {0,1}

#if (!defined(Seed))
  #declare seed_ = mod((now-int(now))*1e16,1e9);
#else
  #declare seed_ = Seed;
#end

#debug concat("seed_ = ",str(seed_,0,0),".\n")

jr@swift:3:now$ povray tst.pov +w32 +h32 -d -f -gr -gs
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.8.0-alpha.9945627.unofficial
==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
seed_ = 242007125.
Rendered 1024 of 1024 pixels (100%)
POV-Ray finished