POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.9945627 "Constant" rounded : Re: alpha.9945627 "Constant" rounded Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.9945627 "Constant" rounded
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 26 Jul 2021 11:37:49
Message: <60fed6cd$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-07-26 7:46 AM (-4), jr wrote:

> it appears that when I use a "Constant"[*] on the command-line, its value gets
> rounded to six digits, see below.  for the alpha, and the current beta.  (and
> 'povr')  have not tried from an ini file.

This has been the case since 3.7.0.  POV-Ray 3.6 would read at least 9
digits, but was unreliable beyond 8 digits.

I brought this up during the release candidate phase of 3.7, but nothing
was done.  The fact that it was changed from unreliable greater
precision to reliable lower precision suggests that the change was
deliberate, but I'd need confirmation from the developers.

https://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3Cweb.5019e866aa48f60685de7b680%40news.povray.org%3E/