POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Optical Inertia Server Time
6 May 2024 12:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Optical Inertia (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Francois LE COAT
Subject: Optical Inertia
Date: 27 Feb 2024 09:30:29
Message: <65ddf205$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

The experiment from Hernan Badino was redone. You can see it there ...

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWdSfN9FiA> Source

The main interest is that video is looping, and the result is almost :

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZPJmnBh03M> Reworked

Well, Hernan Badino is moving his head when he is walking, so the
reconstructed trajectory is not perfectly looping at the end. But
we can reconstruct the movement almost perfectly. We use OpenCV
for image processing, and POV-Ray for 3D representation. We have
to determine projective dominant motion in the video with a
reference image, and change it when correlation drops below 80%.

We have a 3D inertial model of motion, that's why POV-Ray helps =)

Best regards,

--

<https://eureka.atari.org/>

Post a reply to this message

> The experiment from Hernan Badino was redone. You can see it there...
>

> The main interest is that video is looping, and the result is almost:
>

> Well, Hernan Badino is moving his head when he is walking, so the
> reconstructed trajectory is not perfectly looping at the end. But
> we can reconstruct the movement almost perfectly. We use OpenCV
> for image processing, and POV-Ray for 3D representation. We have
> to determine projective dominant motion in the video with a
> reference image, and change it when correlation drops below 80%.
>
> We have a 3D inertial model of motion, that's why POV-Ray helps =)

Three drones are flying between forests of trees. Thanks to the
optical-flow (DIS OpenCV) measured on successive images, the
"temporal disparity" reveals the forest of trees (3rd dimension)...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP75EeFVyOI> 1st drone
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp5Z1Nu4Hko> 2nd drone
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLxE8iS7fPI> 3rd drone

The interest with the forest is that trajectories are curved, in
order to avoid obstacles. It is measured thanks to a projective
transform, and represented with <Ry,Rz,Tx,Tz> thanks to POV-Ray.
The evolution of the drone is shown in front-view with its camera.

Best regards,

--

<https://eureka.atari.org/>